Need to ‘Blow the Whistle’?
UK law recognises how important it is that employees ‘Blow the Whistle’ in circumstances in which they believe:
(1) The health and safety of any individual has been, is being, or is likely to be endangered
(2) A person has failed, is failing, or is likely to fail to comply with a legal obligation
(3) A criminal offence has been, is being, or is likely to be committed
(4) A miscarriage of justice has occurred, is occurring or is likely to occur.
(5) The environment has been, is being, or is likely to be damaged
(6) Information showing the above has been, is being, or is likely to be deliberately concealed.
The law encourages employees to call public attention to such situations by protecting employees against all forms of recrimination from their employer.
Employees are legally protected against recriminations